Lush Cosmetic is a cosmetics brand that makes their products from scratch; Cleansers, Face Mask, and even Bath Bombs are their company’s staple items, made from hundreds of natural and raw ingredients. Today, I will be reviewing a face mask “Cupcake”. Lush writes that “Cupcake is our one Fresh Face Mask that was created for a bit of fun. At the time, our inventor’s daughter was a young girl having slumber parties with her girlfriends every weekend, so he whipped up a chocolate mint mask for young, oily skin (officially solidifying him as the coolest dad ever). If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces.”
- Wash your hands before washing your face!!
- Read ingredients on bottle to make sure you are NOT allergic to any ingredients. This particular product has almonds, so if you are deathly allergic to nuts, STAY AWAY! 🙂
- read the full list of ingredients on the bottle or on the lush website!
- Take Cupcake out of the refrigerator. YES IT MUST BE KEPT IN A FRIDGE!
- Add small dabs of Cupcake directly onto the face and smudge until your entire face is covered
- I recommend taking off all makeup and product off the skin before adding the mask. Lush doesn’t specify if the face must be bare, but I have done both, and taking off everything will give better results!
- Concentrate the mix to your oily areas
- Also concentrate the mix onto the most acne-prone areas. Above you’ll see where I added more Cupcake Face Mask.
- Let the face mask sit from 10-15 minutes. The bottle says 5-10, but I leave mine on a few minutes longer
- Wash the mask off with warm water. Towel dry.
As you can see, all moisture was absorbed.
PS: I put my hair in a cute pony to avoid hair in my face
When I first applied Cupcake to my face it felt great and cold. I realized it must be applied QUICKLY because it dries quickly and can be smoothed out. I loved the texture of the product. The smell was nice and smelled very chocolate-y (as the name indicates). The smell was not too overpowering on the face as I thought it would be.
When the mask was placed, it hardened immediately (good because it did not drip or get messy).
The Mask had a nice faint scent. I didn’t feel any tingling or discomfort on my face while the mask was on.
My face was instantly smooth and oil free after the mask. I was VERY surprised by the great results. My face still glowed and felt like a baby’s bottom!! The mask worked miracles, no joke! The feeling stayed throughout the day, as my face did not get oily AT ALL!
Hope you guys found this review helpful!
One more Lush review coming this month!!